BlinkBoot is a fast, secure and customizable UEFI-based boot loader for Intel IoT (Internet of Things) dedicated-function platforms.
Designed to execute the minimal number of instructions necessary to boot a device in the fastest time possible, BlinkBoot is engineered with a very small footprint, is extendable with add-on packages and represents a complete, royalty-free solution from Insyde Software that can help quickly and efficiently enable your new IoT design.
A fast secure and customizable bootloader
- A simple firmware solution designed to execute the minimal number of instructions necessary to boot a device in the fastest time possible
- UEFI-based, modular and secure
- Initializes silicon, prepares hardware and loads an OS kernel (e.g. Linux) in milliseconds
- Packaged with a unique tool set which provides a simple and flexible way of customizing build-time and run-time options; BlinkBuild™, BlinkFlash™, BlinkDebug™ and BlinkShell™.
- Extendable through add-on packages called “Lenses” that add features/functionality for each specific lens added to the base package of BlinkBoot
- It is royalty-free and subscription-based
- It is for devices that do not require a full BIOS solution
Engineered for the Internet of Things
BlinkBoot was designed from the ground up as an optimal firmware solution for IoT devices.
BlinkBoot Lenses expand functionality
Blinkboot is extensible with add-on package called a “lens”. Current Lenses include:
A royalty free, subscription based solution
BlinkBoot is offered under subscription-based pricing and is royalty-free
- BlinkBoot subscription service includes BlinkBox tools (BlinkBuild™, BlinkFlash™, BlinkDebug™ and BlinkShell™)
- Subscription pricing is based on:
- The number of SoCs being supported by BlinkBox (discounted when more than 1 SoC is licensed at the same time)
- The number of lenses that are included in the subscription
- Flexible packaging to include only the features required
About Insyde Software
Insyde Software is a leading global provider of system firmware and associated consulting services for companies in the notebook, desktop, server, and embedded systems markets. Insyde Software develops traditional and emerging firmware, supporting UEFI BIOS, system management and Android solutions for x86 platforms. More details…
Find out more…
For more information on achieving sub-second boot times on Intel Atom IoT devices using BlinkBoot please complete the form below.