Barracuda Application Server support for SOAP Web Services is based on two foundations:
- An optimised, fully utf-8 aware XML parser implemented in “C” code.
- A SOAP stack implemented in the Lua Scripting Language.
The Barracuda SOAP stack is very easy to use and shields you from the typical low level API’s required by SOAP stacks intended to be used by “C” code. Most SOAP implementations require that you manually create a Web Services Description Language (WSDL) file and use a host parser to create the “C” code runtime for the WSDL.
In addition, you are typically required to make sure the WSDL file matches your SOAP functions, a tedious and error prone process. None of this is required when using the Barracuda SOAP stack. You simply declare your SOAP services as standard Lua functions. The SOAP stack automatically creates the required WSDL file from your Lua function declarations.
With the Barracuda SOAP Web Services:
- The WSDL is automatically generated and you do not need to learn WSDL when using Barracuda SOAP.
- Although the xml parser is accessible from “C” code, the use of Lua drastically simplifies defining and coding of web services.
- Barracuda SOAP provides full HTTP header control and support for conditional HTTP requests, allowing control over client caching of web service responses.
About Real Time Logic
Real Time Logic is a world class IoT security and web-enablement specialist. Their solutions and Ecosystem Partners drive modern real-time embedded applications to ensure the smooth deployment and safe operation of next generation products. More details…
Find out more…
For more information on using SOAP Web Services with your embedded device and the Barracuda Application Server please complete the form below.